Thursday 16 February 2023

For want of another screw ....

Following on from my previous blog, I had to deal with another part whose internal unit is 'unit' and external unit 'box' with a conversion factor of 125. Unfortunately, I am told that the part is ordered in units, not boxes.

This case is somewhat similar to the one that I described previously, but here I had to deal with the fact that the part had to be ordered in units that are smaller than the external unit defined for the part. First of all, I defined a new unit, X25, with the name 'factor 125:1'. I then defined that 125 boxes are equivalent to one X25. I then changed the external unit for the part to X25.

A side effect of changing the external unit is that the 'parts per supplier' son form of the supplier is automatically updated to the new unit, i.e. X25. I had to change this back to 'box'.

Once this was done, I tried entering an order to the supplier for 500 units: in the purchase order appears 500 boxes and 500 units. Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment